Our School Aims:
At Honington School we are committed to providing a happy, healthy, caring, safe and purposeful environment, based on our Christian foundation, within which:
- High standards of progress and attainment are fostered and pupils are able to achieve with enjoyment their academic, physical, emotional, social and spiritual potential.
- Pupils are valued and respected as individuals and as members of the community are are learning to show consideration for others.
- Pupils develop lively, enquiring minds, acquiring knowledge and skills relevant to their present and future needs through a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- Pupils learn to value the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- Pupils develop respect for religious and moral values and an understanding of other people and their way of life.
- Pupils grow in their understanding of the world and their place within it, enabling them to make a positive contribution in their local and wider communities.
- A positive partnership with parents to support each pupil’s needs and development is encouraged.
Recognising it’s historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop it’s religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve it’s community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all it’s pupils.
Buildings and Facilities
The school is situated in Honington which is a small village three miles north of Ixworth on the A1088 Ixworth to Thetford road. The school stands between Malting Row and Sapiston Road.
County Inclusive Support Services and Dyslexia Outreach
Honington School hosts the local Satellite for the County Inclusive Support Service for pupils with special education needs, particularly Autistic Spectrum Disorder. The Resource provides support for our own staff and pupils and outreach support for other staff and pupils in their own schools. We also host the local Dyslexia Outreach team.